Friday, May 4, 2012

frogstein


a poem I wrote for a long lost friend...

Current mood:lonely
Ode to Frogstien*

Oh, his name was Frogstien.
Into my life he came.
He was bright, beautiful, and green.
Life shall never be the same
after the night he packed up his lily
and caught the midnight train
to frog heaven...
that's where he'll be.

It's nearing eleven
but outside he's nowhere to be seen....
Oh lordy! Praise Jeebus in frog heaven!
What happened to my Frogstien?
For three weeks it must have been
he sat in the net hole just beside the shallow end.
No longer is he there!
Oh, Frogstein, hear my keen!

Never will I see his little head again
poking from the hole just beside the shallow end.
Now I swim alone
for my little Frogstien's dead.
*Two summers ago there was a toad who hung out by my pool. He poked his little head out from the hole that the volleyball net poles went into. It was his lil hang out... He'd be chillin' w/ Greg and I on all our drunken pool nights. Then one day he was gone. We lamented his absense... I speculated it was his death. His name... was Frogstien [I had thought he was a frog]. I miss him... and I miss Greg, the world's best Ham, more!

No comments:

Post a Comment