Friday, August 25, 2017

roose

I'm sitting in the Hollywood Roosevelt lobby trying to get one hour of work done, but it's proving quite challenging. My morning walk down Hollywood Blvd was pleasantly nostalgic and a cool 71 degrees. Last time I stayed here was in spring of 2012 shortly after I had absconded from my abusive fiance. What a time that was. Vague memories of the hot guy I brought back here from Angels & Kings. Heh. Spending pretty much my last bit of money on a couple nights here... overdrafting on my debit card and throwing every staple (like $20 chocolate bars and $15 bag of chips) and drop of alcohol in the mini bar in my suitcase before hopping on an Amtrak back to Austin. That was a long train ride that arrived in Austin just as SXSW began. It was full of incredible musicians... Mostly really gorgeous ones. It was like one huge party in the common area. One guy shared this molly.... and wow. I'll probably never have an Amtrak trip quite like that one. Heh. Good times.

Anyway... my morning walk was so nice and though I saw transients, not one of them asked me for a dime. Try walking in downtown Austin without being accosted just for one block. Impossible. I love it here.

Ok I must get my work done so I can go have fun with friends. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment